Wednesday 3 January 2018

Stepping foot into the unknown

My spiritual journey started in 2004 when i lost all focus and was introduced into Transcendental Meditation (TM) by my mother's yoga teacher Yogi Vinay Rai. After a 4 year yoyo between meditating and enjoying the material world, i embarked upon a 3 year serious journey fully devoted to my spiritual enquiry. Disciplined life of yoga and pranayam, sudarshan kriya, sahaj samadhi meditation, silence, listening to devotional songs and reading scriptures like Ashtavakra Gita, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Shiv Sutras and many more, centered around my erratic work schedule, all together gave me much needed respite in the turiya avastha. Yet there was an unshakable prominent feeling that something was really amiss.

Nov 2011, in a moment of silence when i found no answers and relief from the feeling, i uttered a prayer to my Guru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar at the time that "there's something missing and i don't know what. i am surrendering to you as you know what's best for me, please send into my life whoever or whatever it is that's missing."

One month later, Kosmic Fusion had come into my life. i bypassed it completely when i went through the website. Though the mission statement resonated a lot, my mind rejected as it couldn't understand the rest of the content. That night when i slept, there was a constant knocking in my head, like someone was playing a tape of 'this is what you are looking for, even if you don't understand, go for it, you will find all your answers'.

Within the next week, i found myself enrolling for something i didn't understand at all and listening to an hour long meditative tape every day for 7 days that i could not focus on. Had no clue what i was doing and felt nothing in the body or any change in the mind and emotions but lo and behold, on the 7th day, felt a spin come on top of my head. Like a child who is in wonder and utter disbelief, i sat still multiple times that day and many days to follow to feel if the spin was really there or not. IT WAS THERE! 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Reporting facts about the Duff Stuff Article

Despite writing my answers to the cheap questions that were forwarded by Shri Ji to the so called national correspondents of Stuff and clear...

Popular posts